Monday 12 August 2013

Coming Full Circle

I got the Trolls out last week (the first faction I played for which I still have the models).  The aim, initially, was to bang out a few lists to playtest for my friends going to the Warmachine/Hordes ETC...

After that match, I remembered how much fun Trolls were.  I then thought up a new colour scheme for them, which had me well and truly hooked...

Therefore, I am pleased to announce that:

Mike's Trolls are back in town...


So, the new colour scheme..  Mauler was my test piece.  As it was only a test, I didn't bother stripping the existing paint (as Black was the base colour, the look of the colours worked without a re-start).

Skin
Base - Black
First Highlight - Black with a tiny drop of Codex Grey
Second Highlight - Black with two tiny drops of Codex Grey

Rock Formations (which are painted as rough gemstone)
Base - Caledon Sky (I think)
Highlight - Temple Guard Blue (GW Layer)
Glaze - Guilliman blue

Because the model was pre-painted, I kept the nails, leather and hair as it was.

I started by paining all skin and rock black.  I then wetbrushed on the first highlight, and drybrushed on the second.

I then based the rock/gems, wet brushed the highlight, and glazed them.  Base is done with snow flock.  As it was done 18 months ago, most of the snow flock has fallen off, leavign an ash effect.  Future models will be ash flocked.

Here's the outcome:





One arm is missing in the picture.  I went back and painted it, then glued it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment